Early Access Information
- 4 years old by September 15 desiring to enter Kindergarten
- 5 years old by September 15 desiring to enter 1st grade
EARLY ACCESS APPLICATION PROCESS
- Complete an application and portfolio.
- We accept applications from the first full week of February through March 31st along with a $25 fee. This fee may be waived with the determination of economic status.
- The Early Access team will process and screen the packet to determine, based on the State of Colorado guidelines, whether the student is eligible to continue on to the next step of testing. If a student is found eligible for testing, an additional $100 testing/evaluation fee will be required. This fee may be waived based on economic status.
- After the testing is evaluated, the Early Access team will make the final determination whether or not to give the student a placement for Early Access.
KINDERGARTEN ADMISSIONS AND ENROLLMENT
Early Access is separate from and in addition to the typical admission and enrollment process for Caprock Academy Kindergarten. Caprock Academy’s Admissions open window to participate in Kindergarten lottery is during the month of February.
Parents may submit an Intent to Enroll form for Kindergarten and participate in the lottery with the understanding that if they are selected in the lottery, the slot will be held until the Early Access team has granted the student an Early Access placement. If the Early Access team does not grant the student a placement, then the Kindergarten slot will be forfeited.
If a student is given a placement for Early Access and did not participate in the lottery, then he/she will be placed on the waitlist if the classes are filled.