High School College & Career Advising
Shelter Insurance annually awards scholarships to graduating high school seniors in communities with a Shelter Insurance Company agent participating in the program. Kerry Phillips is sponsoring this program at Caprock Academy in 2023.
The highlights of this program are:
- $1,500 scholarship opportunity awarded to those who attend high schools that are approved and accredited by that state’s Department of Education.
- The scholarship is paid directly towards any accredited college, university, or trade school in which the scholarship recipient has enrolled, by the September following their high school graduation, to apply towards tuition, fees, books, and on-campus housing charges.
- A local selection committee of three to five people consisting of high school officials and leaders of the business and/or professional community will consider applicants’ scholastic achievement, participation and leadership in school and community activities, citizenship, moral character, educational goals, and financial need.
Students are asked to fill out the application on Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word or similar programs to ensure legibility. However, handwritten applications will still be received. Please send completed applications to either Kerry Phillips at [email protected] or Hailey Moore at [email protected]. We will accept applications up until MARCH 1st.
- Boettcher Foundation
- Daniels Fund Scholarship Program
- QuestBridge National College Match
- Guaranteed Scholarships
- Going Merry
- Denver Scholarship Foundation
- College Express
- Sallie Mae
- Nerd Wallet
- Unigo Scholarships
- Scholarship America
- Tuition Funding Sources
- Common Application Schools
- Best College SAT Prep
- Kaplan Test Prep
- Khan Academy SAT Prep
- AP - Advanced Placement
- AP Credit Policy Search
- Colleges Requiring/Recommending SAT with Essay
- College Tour Questions
- Financial Aid for College FAFSA
- Sign Up for Individual College Visits
- Yearly Planning Guide