We are happy that you have chosen to volunteer at Caprock Academy. Thank you for taking the time to invest in our community! Your efforts grow our most precious commodity, the students. If you are a parent, guardian or family member your help is applied to your yearly volunteer hours. Regardless of your status as a parent or a member of our community, your generosity not only sets a positive example for our students, but also alleviates our immediate budget constraints and provides evidence for future grant dollars.
- Volunteers WILL NOT discuss the names or any other information regarding students, teachers, staff or other volunteers with anyone other than the volunteer's specific supervisor.
- Volunteers are expected to provide the school with a yearly background check dated on or after July 1st.
- Volunteers are expected to schedule their volunteer time using signup genius and will only be permitted to stay for their scheduled time.
- There should be no discussion of the volunteer’s student in the classroom. If you would like to discuss your student with their teacher, an appointment must be scheduled for a later date.
- If working with students directly, you are expected to assist any and all students, not just your own child.
- All persons involved in volunteering are required to inform the classroom teacher and/or office of potential conflicts.
- Volunteers are expected to dress in casual attire with a strong concern for modesty.
- Volunteers are expected to not use their cell phone while volunteering. If an emergency situation arises that you must use your phone we ask that you please step out of the building to do so.
- Volunteers are expected to make child care arrangements for younger children prior to volunteering on campus. Younger children/siblings are not allowed in the classroom while volunteering.
- STEP ONE: Visit www.cbirecordscheck.com to request your background check. Once you receive your results, save them to your computer. (You will need it later)
- STEP TWO: Complete our NEW Volunteer Application. You will be asked to attach your background check during this process. Click the APPLY NOW button below to apply. *Please note that if you select the option to be a field trip chaperone, you will be required to upload a copy of your Driver's License and Proof of Insurance at the time of application. This function can be added at a later date if you prefer.
- STEP THREE: Wait for volunteer approval email from the school. Once you receive it, you will be provided with information on how to set up your Volunteer Portal Account.
- STEP FOUR: Setup your Volunteer Portal Account. Once this has been completed, you will be able to sign up for a variety of volunteer opportunities.
- QUESTIONS? Please call the office at 970-243-1771.