Kindergarten Admissions Information
2021-2022 KINDERGARTEN ADMISSIONS, ENROLLMENT AND LOTTERY INFORMATION
Caprock Academy’s Kindergarten admission for the 2021-2022 school year will begin on Monday, February 8, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. and will continue through Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 1:30 p.m. to be included in the lottery. Prospective families will need to fill out the new 2021-2022 one-page Intent to Enroll Form. Forms will be available on January 29, 2021. You may download the form and detailed admission directions below or stop by the school office Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am - 1:30 pm.
Turn in your Intent to Enroll Form -You must meet with the Registrar in-person to turn in the Intent to Enroll Form. Forms will be accepted beginning on February 8, 2021. If you do not live locally, please contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Intent to Enroll Forms will be accepted Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am – 1:30 pm, with the exception of Presidents’ Day in which forms will be accepted Tuesday through Friday that week. Forms will also be accepted on Tuesday, February 16 and 23 from 5 pm – 6 pm.
*Kindergarten Intent to Enroll Forms MUST be turned in no later than Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 1:30 pm, to be included in the Kindergarten lottery. All Intent to Enroll Forms turned in after Thursday, February 25th at 1:30pm will be placed on the waitlist, after the lottery students, and according to the date and time the Intent to Enroll Form was accepted by the Registrar.
Please Note: For the 2021-2022 school year, Caprock Academy intends to offer both full-time Kindergarten and a morning, half-time Kindergarten option. Half-time Kindergarten will be contingent upon a minimum of eight students registering for it by Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 1:30 p.m. If the minimum number of requests for half-time Kindergarten are not received, Caprock would then offer full-time Kindergarten only. Families that chose half-time would be contacted before the lottery to ask if they would like to consider full-time Kindergarten instead.
When turning in your completed Intent to Enroll Form, please be aware that your wait time may be longer than expected, depending upon how many people are waiting. Our process has changed slightly due to COVID-19. You will need to check-in at the front office, be screened, and then will be asked to wait in your vehicle until your number is next, and we will come out to your vehicle to get you.
We feel it is important that all members of a family have the opportunity to attend Caprock Academy. If one student is selected, siblings will have a preference for admission.
Caprock Academy is a tuition-free public charter school. Kindergarten is free for both half-time and full time. Admissions are open to any student residing in the state of Colorado. We are a K-12 public charter school that operates on a first come first served basis. There is no admissions test to be accepted at Caprock Academy. We welcome all students and strive to create and maintain a diverse student population. Student recruitment and admissions decisions shall be made in a non-discriminatory manner as outlined in C.R.A.22-30.5-507(3). In all cases, student recruitment and admissions decisions shall be made without regard to disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services or any other protected class.
- Date of Lottery: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 4:00 pm via Zoom.
- Lottery Results: The Registrar will begin calling the families beginning the afternoon of Wednesday, March 3, 2021.
- If a position has been offered, you have 24 hours to accept the position via telephone at 970-243-1771, ext. 1132. You may leave a message after regular office hours.
- Once you have accepted a position, you have 3 business days to schedule an in-person meeting with the Registrar to turn in your child’s completed Enrollment Packet. See below to download and print (single-sided for best results) or you may pick up a packet in the school office beginning Tuesday, March 2, 2021. *Please note that up to two parents/guardians plus the student will be allowed on campus for that appointment.
- All Kindergarten Intent to Enroll Forms turned in after Thursday, February 25th at 1:30pm will be placed on the waitlist, after the lottery students, and according to the date and time the Intent to Enroll Form was accepted by the Registrar.
Kindergarten Admissions Important Dates
Friday, January 29, 2021
Admissions Begin and Intent to Enroll Forms are accepted:
Monday, February 8, 2021, 8:30am -1:30pm
Kindergarten Lottery Admissions cut off date and time:
Thursday, February 25, 2021 @ 1:30pm
Date of Lottery:
Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 4:00pm via Zoom.