Caprock Academy Board of Directors
Tuesday, December 8th, 2020
Regular Business Meeting at 6:00 p.m.
Caprock Academy - 714 24 1/2 Rd, Grand Junction, CO 81505
Meeting will be held virtually via Zoom in order to accommodate social distancing rules.
In order to attend the meeting via video conference, use the link below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 873 3311 8642
In order to attend the meeting by phone, dial the number below and follow the prompts:
+1-720-707-2699 US (Denver)
During the public comment period, you may make a comment by “raising your hand,” then waiting to be called on by the host. To raise your hand from video conferencing, select the “Participants” icon, then select “Raise Hand” next to your name.
To raise your hand from a telephone, dial *9 (star 9).
All participants will be muted by the host unless called on after raising a hand. Raised hands will not be recognized once the public comment period has ended.
Mission: We help all students achieve their highest academic and character potential, using proven accelerated academic programs while providing a safe environment.
- Call to Order: Tim Fry, CABD President
Strengthening the community through the involvement of parents, educators and community leaders working together to provide an environment that fosters academic excellence and develops strong character in our students. We shape global citizens who set life goals and practice lives of service and virtue.
- Presentation of Excellence
- Public Comments/Correspondence
Members of the public may address the Board during this portion of the agenda on any topic. This comment period is not limited to items on the agenda. Certain agenda items may have a public comment section tied to that item and public comments can be given on that topic at that time. We ask that comments be limited to three (3) minutes. The Board reserves the right to limit or end public comment that it deems to be defamatory, insulting, abusive, or does not comply with normal expectations of Caprock students. Please note that this Public Comment time is separate and distinct from a parent’s opportunity to seek Board review of a matter with respect to a specific student and a particular class and/or a specific circumstance of administration of a policy (see the Family Handbook, 2 Policy SE8.5). Similarly, this opportunity is separate and distinct from a Caprock employee requesting Board review of a specific employment matter (see the Employee Handbook, Policy E 8.7).
- Corrections to the Agenda
- Consent Agenda (CABOD Members may request any item(s) be removed to be considered in full at meeting)
- November Business Meeting Minutes
- Head of School Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Facilities and Business Manager’s Report
- Communication Director’s Report
- Consideration and motion to approve October 2020 Financial Reports as submitted
- Consideration and motion to approve mid-year staff bonuses
- Public Hearing Items – These items have a public comment period. Public comments during this part of the agenda are limited to the agenda item and are requested to be no more than three (3) minutes.
- None at this time
- None at this time
- Update to Caprock Academy’s status and progress on in-person and remote learning for 2020-2021
- Security Committee Update
- Review of Caprock Academy’s Strategic plan and goals for the 2020-2021 school year
- Report of school’s SAT scores from Fall 2020