We are happy that you have chosen to volunteer at Caprock Academy. Thank you for taking the time to invest in our community! Your efforts grow our most precious commodity, the students. If you are a parent, guardian or family member your help is applied to your yearly volunteer hours. Regardless of your status as a parent or a member of our community, your generosity not only sets a positive example for our students, but also alleviates our immediate budget constraints and provides evidence for future grant dollars.
Our students’ safety is our top priority. Every volunteer is required to complete and provide the school with a copy of their background check. Background checks must be completed every year and must be dated on or after July 1st. Please note that we will only accept background checks from the Mesa County Sherriff's Office or from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. For your convenience, you can visit www.cbirecordscheck.com to complete this step online for $5. Once you have obtained a copy of your record, you must provide a copy to the school before you can volunteer.
Confidentiality & Conflict of Interest
The success of our volunteer program depends very much on our ability to keep confidences and remain impartial. Maintaining confidences and avoiding conflicts of interest are required of all who volunteer at Caprock Academy. While not all volunteering involves activities of a confidential nature, matters of confidentiality and potential conflicts of interest can arise at any time when a volunteer may be present. Therefore volunteers are expected to maintain confidentiality at all times. Any discussions regarding confidential information will be only in settings where such confidences can be maintained and not jeopardized. Please use the form below to complete the required Confidentiality & Conflict of Interest Agreement school before you can volunteer.
- Volunteers WILL NOT discuss the names or any other information regarding students, teachers, staff or other volunteers with anyone other than the volunteer's specific supervisor.
- Volunteers are expected to provide the school with a yearly background check dated on or after July 1st.
- Volunteers are expected to schedule their volunteer time using signup genius and will only be permitted to stay for their scheduled time.
- There should be no discussion of the volunteer’s student in the classroom. If you would like to discuss your student with their teacher, an appointment must be scheduled for a later date.
- If working with students directly, you are expected to assist any and all students, not just your own child.
- All persons involved in volunteering are required to inform the classroom teacher and/or office of potential conflicts.
- Volunteers are expected to dress in casual attire with a strong concern for modesty.
- Volunteers are expected to not use their cell phone while volunteering. If an emergency situation arises that you must use your phone we ask that you please step out of the building to do so.
- Volunteers are expected to make child care arrangements for younger children prior to volunteering on campus. Younger children/siblings are not allowed in the classroom while volunteering.
Volunteer Information and Interest Form
The following survey helps us to match your gifts and talents to a myriad of needs. For example, if you are detail minded, then a classroom could benefit from your help with managing their library. Or maybe you are an experienced handyman; you could help the facility crew with a variety of tasks.
Campus volunteers and visitors will be welcome on campus beginning Monday, August 16th.
This year, on-campus volunteers will be required to sign-up using the Volunteer Sign-Up Genius link below. This sign-up is based on teacher availability and their preference for their classroom that week.
If you are planning on coming in to visit and have lunch with your student, you do not need to use the sign-up, but you will only be permitted to stay for lunch. Classroom observations must be scheduled with your child’s teacher.
Please contact the front office if you have any questions. Thank you for your volunteerism!
Parental involvement and volunteering policy information may be found in the Family Handbook.