|CMAS ELA||Every Year||3rd - 8th|
|CMAS Math||Every Year||3rd - 8th|
|CMAS Science||Every Year||5th, 8th, 11th|
|CMAS Social Studies||Once Every 3 Years*||4th, 7th, 11th|
|PSAT - 8/9**||Every Year||9th|
|PSAT - 10||Every Year||10th|
* Caprock 4th, 7th and 11th graders will not have to take the Social Studies test this year.
** The PSAT-8/9 replaces the PARCC tests that were given last year.
*** The SAT replaces the the ACT from previous years.
Transition from PARCC to CMAS
This year, in the Transition from PARCC to CMAS math and ELA, a new rule has been applied. The tests must be given in order. This means if a student is absent for a test they cannot rejoin his/her class group in testing when they come back. This makes testing and scheduling much more difficult for students that are absent. Please try not schedule doctor’s appointments, etc. for these days if possible. Students will not be given homework assignments except for their reading during the days of their testing.
Tips for Success:
To help your child get ready for testing:
- Please make sure they get enough sleep.
- Please make sure they eat a healthy breakfast and pack a healthy lunch.
- Please make sure they come to school on time and stay for the whole day.
- Please be aware that Parent Volunteers are not allowed on campus during April 10, 11, 12 and 17.
- If you need to leave a note or drop off a forgotten lunch or backpack, please leave it at the front office and we will make sure your child gets it as soon as testing is complete.
All of the state assessments will be done in a three week testing window from April 9th to April 27th.
Legend of Abbreviations:
- ELA - English Literacy
- RT - Regular Time test. Does not include any extra time. Students needing extra time are tested separately with more time to complete the test.
- TH - Time and a half test. Includes extra time for students needing it.
Director of Data and Assessment
Head of School