CAPROCK ACADEMY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION UPDATE 3-24-2020
Due to the closure of school and the disruption that COVID-19 has caused to our community, the Caprock Academy Board of Directors will be extending deadlines and moving the election date for the upcoming Caprock Academy Board of Directors Election.
Deadline for candidates to submit information:
Original Deadline – March 24, 2020
NEW DEADLINE – APRIL 21, 2020
Board of Directors Election Dates
Original Election Dates – April 20-23, 2020
NEW ELECTION DATES – MAY 4-7, 2020
Updated Notice of Election
The Caprock Academy Board of Directors have three (3) seats up for election this year. The goal of the Board is to fill at least one of the seats with a Community at Large member. Two of the seats have a term length of three (3) years, and one of the seats is the remainder of an existing term and has a term length of (1) year. The beginning date of service for the newly elected board members will be June 2020.
A prospective candidate must meet the following requirements:
1) The prospective candidate cannot be a Caprock Academy employee, nor a spouse of a Caprock Academy employee;
2) The prospective candidate shall have attended at least one regular meeting of the Caprock Academy Board of Directors prior to being seated to the board;
3) The prospective candidate must submit the following documents by April 21, 2020:
- Letter of Interest;
- Abbreviated Resume;
- Completed CABOD Application (available on the Caprock website);
- Current background check from the Mesa County Sheriff's Office (must go to Sheriff’s Office) or online through the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cbi/internet-background-checks); and
- Signed Conflict of Interest and Code of Ethics documents (available on the Caprock website)
The Caprock Academy Board of Directors (the "Board") is the governing body of the school. The Board has the responsibility for ensuring that the school is operating in compliance with its charter, bylaws, and contract with its authorizer. The Board is also charged with creating a master plan that ensures that the school is achieving its Vision and that decisions are made in harmony with the school's Vision. The Board is also responsible for ensuring the financial strength and stability of the school.
If you have questions or want additional information, please contact Caprock Board Election Committee Chair, Joyce Sekharan, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The deadline for submitting applications is April 21, 2020. The election will be held on May 4-7, 2020 at the school. The Caprock Academy Board Election Committee is responsible for reviewing all applications against the candidate rules and putting forth all eligible candidates to the Caprock Community. The Caprock Academy Board Election Committee will schedule a Candidates Forum before the election for the Caprock Community to meet the candidates.
Posted March 24, 2020