Notice of Caprock Academy Board of Directors Member Election
The Caprock Academy Board of Directors has two (2) seats up for election this year. Both seats are open to parents of the Caprock community and have a term length of three (3) years. The beginning date of service for the newly elected board members will be May 2023.
If you are interested in serving on the board, all members of our community are invited to apply with the exceptions below:
1) The prospective candidate cannot be a current Caprock Academy employee, or a spouse of a current Caprock Academy employee;
2) The prospective candidate shall have attended at least one regular meeting of the Caprock Academy Board of Directors prior to being seated to the board;
3) The prospective candidate must submit the following documents by March 28, 2023:
- Letter of Interest;
- Abbreviated Resume;
- Completed CABOD Application (link is below);
- Current background check from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (available at www.cbirecordscheck.com); and
- Signed Conflict of Interest Policy and Code of Conduct documents (link in below)
The Caprock Academy Board of Directors (the "Board") is the governing body of the school. The Board has the responsibility for ensuring that the school is operating in compliance with its charter, bylaws, and contract with its authorizer. The Board is also charged with creating a master plan that ensures that the school is achieving its Vision and that decisions are made in harmony with the school's Vision. The Board is also responsible for ensuring the financial strength and stability of the school.
If you have questions or want additional information, please contact Caprock Board Election Committee Chair, Joyce Sekharan, at [email protected]
The deadline for submitting applications is March 28, 2023. The election will be held on April 24-27, 2023, at the school. The Caprock Academy Board Election Committee is responsible for reviewing all applications against the candidate rules and putting forth all eligible candidates to the Caprock Community. The Caprock Academy Board Election Committee will schedule a Candidates Forum before the election for the Caprock Community to meet the candidates.
Posted Feb. 28, 2023