Notice of Caprock Academy Board of Directors Member Election
The Caprock Academy Board of Directors has four (4) seats up for election this year. The goal of the Board is to fill at least one, and up to two, of the seats with a Community at Large member. Three of the seats have a term length of three (3) years, and one of the seats is the remainder of an existing term and has a term length of two (2) years. The beginning date of service for the newly elected board members will be May 2021.
If you are interested in serving on the board, all members of our community are invited to apply with the exceptions below:
1) The prospective candidate cannot be a current Caprock Academy employee, or a spouse of a current Caprock Academy employee;
2) The prospective candidate shall have attended at least one regular meeting of the Caprock Academy Board of Directors prior to being seated to the board.
The prospective candidate must submit the following documents either in-person to the main office or via email to the Caprock Board Election Committee Chair, Catherine Norton-Breman by March 23, 2021:
- Letter of Interest;
- Abbreviated Resume;
- Completed CABOD Application (available on the Caprock website);
- Current background check from the Mesa County Sheriff's Office (must go to Sheriff’s Office) or online through the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cbi/internet-background-checks); and
- Signed Conflict of Interest and Code of Ethics documents (available on the Caprock website).
The Caprock Academy Board of Directors (the "Board") is the governing body of the school. The Board has the responsibility for ensuring that the school is operating in compliance with its charter, bylaws, and contract with its authorizer. The Board is also charged with creating a master plan that ensures that the school is achieving its Vision and that decisions are made in harmony with the school's Vision. The Board is also responsible for ensuring the financial strength and stability of the school.
If you have questions or want additional information, please contact Caprock Board Election Committee Chair, Catherine Norton-Breman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submitting applications is March 23, 2021. The election will be held on April 19-22, 2021 at the school. The Caprock Academy Board Election Committee is responsible for reviewing all applications against the candidate rules and putting forth all eligible candidates to the Caprock Community. The Caprock Academy Board Election Committee will schedule a Candidates Forum before the election for the Caprock Community to meet the candidates.
Posted Feb. 25, 2021